Today I would like to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which is oriented in direction of the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For individuals who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I will explain it in detail:
League of Legends does not put high requirements in your PCs. You want at the very least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free onerous disk space, - DSL or related
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You may as well create an account on US while living in Europe however you'll expertise greater pings then. I provide you with a link to create an account in my writer's bio. Choose a name (all the time the toughest half) and a pleasant picture and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are extra game modes, however they don't seem to be essential to start with because as a newbie it's best to start with 5vs5 to be taught the gameplay). Before each match you all select a "champion" who is the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your personal preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a large granite golem, a bit of boy riding on a Yeti, a brave knight and plenty of more.All in all there are more than eighty (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has four completely different abilities (three regular and one extra robust, the "Final") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You learn the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion level is 18 which means that you have 5 factors in every regular potential and three in your ultimate.
You obtain expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it isn't essential to kill them your self!)
2. killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
To start with you generally play no matter you like, later it is helpful to communicate together with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the same kind.
The totally different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means means power, they primarily deal magical harm with their abilities)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal physical damage with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are laborious to kill and defend their own carries, for instance by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They've either buffs or heals to assist their carries and maintain them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start within the lane however within the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting level is: Relying on the gadgets you equip on your champions they are often able to satisfy completely different roles!
In the beginning you don't have personal champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you can buy extra champions with affect points (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 totally different lanes, which lead from your personal to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you must destroy earlier than you may attack the base itself. As a help your principal building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which enable you in fights. Between the lanes there is the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. If you happen to kill these you obtain gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everybody has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on items within the shop.
This does not take lengthy since you don't have a lot gold within the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (here you will need to give them the ultimate blow, the so known as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of items which grant you further income (the so called gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
In the event you destroy the enemy primary building (Nexus) your group wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, however, it's important to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the two towers which defend the Nexus. So it isn't the very best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in the event you do not push the lanes at the identical time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, hardly ever more than an hour. As quickly as the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is potential to surrender.
Extra game modes are a 3vs3 and a pretty new domination map ("Dominion") where you have to seize and defend certain points. In addition there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner stage 30 (explanation follows) by which you obtain an Elo depend relying on your wins and losses. For freshmen I extremely advocate the traditional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends tee shirts
of Legends also has an RPG part. You don't only choose a name and an image for your self (you're a so known as "summoner", do not combine it up with the "champions") but you're additionally able to degree up your self and purchase small buffs with Affect Points (IP).